What should you do when your Springfield home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your property – and your family members – against the multitude of risks you might face, like burglary, flooding, and fire. Although your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Springfield home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be shocking, disorienting, and may cause panic. Your best bet is to stay composed and abide by these straightforward suggestions.
Steps to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Springfield Sounds
You don’t want to be in this situation, but it’s also the reason why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re woken up from a deep sleep with the distinct blasting of an alarm after one of your sensors has been triggered. Now what are you going to do?
- Try not to panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your pulse is pounding. But staying calm is the best way to appraise the situation. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency alone but instead allow your monitoring staff and first responders to perform their job.
- Attend to your loved ones. Your primary concern should be your loved ones and getting them out of danger. If you are dealing with a intrusion, this might mean proceeding to an appointed safe room as far away from access points as possible. The invader was in all likelihood already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or a blaze, you ought to exit your house right away.
- Grab your cell phone. The vast majority of people keep their smartphones with them all the time these days, but you could neglect to grab it during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring experts and get alerts through your home security app.
Work With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Springfield goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will spring to action. Their first move is to validate your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The procedure they adhere to is based on the sort of emergency. For example, when the emergency is is for medical reasons, a single effort will be made to reach you before first responders are dispatched. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most typical kind of alarm - a monitoring specialist will abide by these procedures to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you using the central command panel. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t prompt a response, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- An alternate number or your primary contact person is called next.
- If you still can’t be reached, nearby police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will follow up with you again once authorities are contacted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with the monitoring team, that’s OK. Help will still be sent even when you're unable to verify the emergency.
Prepare for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Springfield
Be prepared for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Springfield from Vivint. Contact (217) 627-6647 to begin customizing your home’s defense today.