Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Springfield smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in full command of your Springfield home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and find suggestions to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Springfield help you?
Wirelessly connecting to components through radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You can arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even chat with visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote operability with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can carry out:
- Check real-time or recorded video from your connected surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Springfield by implementing schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke detector goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms all devices except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and everything in your home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to act. Note that you may still arm the system by following the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Springfield
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, select email or phone and submit the information to deliver an invitation.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, tap users, select the user you want to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Springfield security system. Dial (217) 627-6647 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.